Friday, June 12, 2009

Post #1 (Title TBD)

Ok, I'd like to get this blog up and running! The purpose of this blog is for me to present information about my experiences raising my son and to share some important parts of his babyhood education. When I had him, I was first overwhelmed with all of the information about the things I had to do in order to do him justice in the IQ department: everything from breastfeeding to Baby Einstein to playing classical musical to reading to him every day. Being a new mother in 2008 with the extremely high expectations that American society puts on parents in general, and that special type of guilt/blame/shame combo that is foisted on most mothers this aspect of my baby's growth and development caught my interest and I set out to learn as much as I possibly could about the subject. What I ultimately ended up doing in his early infancy was to follow his lead. Now that he is almost 15 months he is engaged in quite a few Mommy-led learning programs. I hope you enjoy this blog and get ideas for how to best work with your babies and toddlers to ready them for their childhood and ultimately young adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment