Thursday, October 22, 2009

Progress Report

As you could imagine, my little TJ is quite the chatter box these days. He has advanced to reading the bulk of the words presented in the Your Baby Can Read system. His pronunciation is still very baby like so words such as elephant and hippopotamus are still out of his reach, but he recognizes the words and makes an attempt. Hippopotamus is more like "popoma."

Right now, we are watching only half of the Review DVD every night. We are watching either Trebellina or Leap Frog Letter Factory in the morning. If you have not heard of this DVD, you must get it. I can accept it if you are not sold on Your Baby Can Read. It's not for everyone, I get that. But Leap Frog Letter Factory is absolutely required. I got it for $5.99 at Costco, so there is no excuse...

2 comments:

  1. TJ's Mom,

    I found your blog today and have been reading through some of your posts. I just wanted to stop by and say, bravo! Thank you so much for what you've been writing. Your blog is very-well written and interesting as well.

    It is always a great encouragement to find other Doman-related blogs, and see parents who are willing to take the time to share their experiences in teaching their child with the rest of the world. Please keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to continuing reading!

    http://grhomeschooling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth,
    Thank you for stopping by! I try to journal our progress as much as possible, I get distracted and discouraged sometimes because of life events, but I am still focused on my goal of having a fluent reader before kindergarten. I will check out your blog! I am currently in talks with my husband about the possibility of homeschooling our child from grade 5-8, I think homeschooling is becoming the only way to ensure our children are given the opportunity and nurture they deserve.

    ReplyDelete